Thursday, November 29, 2012

Raising The Bar Of Authenticity

This morning my insecurity spoke to me. I received an email about the opportunity for my company to be showcased in front of thousands and then remembered another one about a week ago where massive organizations and a very well-known TV personality would be directing people to watch a video on Synergy TV and that voice showed up then too.  In both instances I froze.

Because that is what fear does to us, it paralyzes.  Here is what “Miss Insecurity” said: “I’m not ready, I’m not perfect, people are going to judge me.” Have any of you ever felt this way about yourself or your company? Well she is partly right but her intent is also SOOO wrong. See this part of us wants to keep us small and has done a great job in the past. And I love her for this because her core mission has been to protect me and make sure I’m safe and secure. She needs a new story!
Here is what you can tell this small voice.  Honey, I love you but you have shrunk the kids! ;)  And this is what I mean: this voice shrinks our true, authentic, playful, live-out-loud, shining light which was FULL on (like the full moon) when most of us were care-free kids.
Authenticity and being who we are, with where we are at in our stage of evolution is beautiful. It’s priceless and it’s something to be proud of and to expose. It’s not to be hidden until we get more "ready". Now is the time to show the world who we are. Tomorrow we’ll be different because we grow every day so why not come out of any “closet” you have been hiding in today?
For me there has been something nerve-wracking about coming out of what I call the “spiritual closet” and it’s probably because I didn’t talk about my deep passion for self-help books, personal growth worth, and spiritual psychology when I was at work because it seemed so outside the norm. I felt I would be laughed at. And now that IS my business and I have to own it. Yet it feels a bit foreign at times and I have to remember that's okay. I’m still in the process of trailblazing the new paradigm and it takes time to build a new road but I am 100% certain that faith, transparency and authenticity are part of it.
It is also time for us to rise up and meet the challenge of the self-doubt, insecure, fear-based voice that wants us to stay small. Our egos need our acceptance and they require a new job. The one I’m giving to myself today is to raise the bar of authenticity. How truly ME can I be today?  No false advertising in any way!!!  This means wearing, saying, doing, and being in full alignment with the shiny light inside. And letting the truer, wiser, calmer, and more loving voice speak the reality of who I am.
We are either a slave to our ego or a server to our soul. I am full-on choosing my soul. It’s just a choice.  It’s really that simple, always that profound, and not usually easy. I encourage you today to be as REAL, GENUINE, and AUTHENTIC as you can be. You will find it’s a breath of fresh air to everyone around, including yourself. Go ahead and raise the bar. Hold the hand of the child inside when you do it and let him or her know it’s safe and its time again to play full out and live out loud. Send me a story of how you shared your gifts today. I can’t wait to learn who you truly are!
The Synergistic Entrepreneur,
Katie Neligan
P.S.  I once watched a documentary about Oprah and I wrote down every word people used to describe her and guess which one was the winner? The word "real" won and the word "genuine" was the close second. People love authenticity because its attractive, refreshing, sexy and needed! If you want even one tenth of what Oprah has - go be YOU!


Just saw Gregg Braden post this and its so true and related!

Photo
 

1 comment:

  1. I really like what you write:

    "For me there has been something nerve-wracking about coming out of what I call the “spiritual closet” and it’s probably because I didn’t talk about my deep passion for self-help books, personal growth worth, and spiritual psychology when I was at work because it seemed so outside the norm."

    That is something I can definitely relate to too!

    ReplyDelete